Documentary: Stay Positive

The life of Cindy and Scott Frodle changed on January 20, 2015. The day before, the couple and their son Erik had been to the NFC championship. Being Seahawks fans, they had been thrilled to see their team win and go to the SuperBowl.

But when the evening came, Scott started to have headaches. And at 4 AM, he was sent to the hospital. What ensued was the hardest battle the family had ever fought. And Stay Positive is one of the reasons they were able to overcome the impossible.

/ Instagram

Hockey stick video production volume

The number of videos I create every year has increased since I moved to San Francisco. Joining LAtelier Marketing hockey sticked this growth curve. We offer nine marketing products in total. Here is a little taste of what we built in 2015: 

For more information about what we are doing, visit our website:

/ Instagram

My personal top 3 @LaunchFestival 2015 moments

Coordinating and directing all the audio visual elements for Launch Festival was a fun challenge. Fun in the sense that I was able to push the boundaries of what I feel comfortable with technically.  My hands were not on all the physical cameras this time around. I had to help keep a lot of plates spinning all at once.  Two stages with three full days of content, 3 video content teams, 1 photo content team, and myself all working together to both provide value to the 12k in attendance, the folks watching the live stream, and the hundreds of thousands who will watch this content as This Week In Startups content.

1. 'Future of' Segments

Super Podiums...need I say more? I'm really happy we were able to pull off this idea. "What if we built custom podiums with giant monitors mounted on the front?" -@Jason

Yeah okay, lets do it. 

2. Yancey Strickler, cofounder of Kickstarter

It was very fulfilling to open Launch Festival with this interview.  This is where the rubber met the road for a lot of our prep work.

3. Pitch Sessions

Launch Festival offers many different live technical challenges. Perhaps the most stressful are the pitch sessions.  You have founders taking the stage, launching a new product for the first time to a panel of judges.  This year we designed the stage with the understanding that 80% of the companies pitching would have mobile phone applications.  The other 20% was a mixture of slide decks and actual hardware products.  

2016 Launch Festival will be bigger, it will offer new challenges as we continue to improve the experience for the audience both live and across the world.  

/ Instagram

How I find films worth watching.

The sea of content is growing by the day.  Another tech company announces it will be producing original content what seems like every week now.  Netflix, Yahoo, Amazon, and YouTube are the companies getting the most press for this.  Let us not forget about the more traditional streams in which we can consume content.  The major television networks seem to be slowly integrating new creation models in order to stay relevant as the current changes.  Oh yeah, remember movie theaters? Apparently, studios are still releasing movies into those as well.

Okay, so a lot of content is being created. From web series to feature length big budget. There is a lot to choose from out there.  Keeping things positive, my opinion is that there is more exceptional content then one person could even hope to consume.  Yes, there is still a ton of bullshit out there. The internet gives voice - If its bullshit, you should be able to learn of it way before you even give it a chance.  

I'm blessed with having some film nerd friends who are very vocal when a fantastic movie is in theaters and worth the price of admission.  If you have friends with horrible are three of my tricks to finding movies, television, and web content worth my time.

Vimeo Staff Picks

This is a great place to find new videos and content creators.  Sometimes I'll find myself checking this spot daily just to see the few videos they have posted for the day. Vimeo's staff "gets it" in terms of esthetics and style.

Indiewire Blog - The Playlist -

Maybe a little nerdariffic for the normal content consumer.  This a great place and I appreciate the viewpoint.

Twitter -

Use your twitter feed! Follow people with viewpoints and taste that seem to be in line with your own.  It is my most valued source for information.  Even more detailed, I build my feed around internets.  Its insane how many links people post to content they want you to see.


/ Instagram